Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Finished Plans

Once I built the model, I improved my floor plans.

The changes I've made was:
- extending the second atrium all the way to the top and giving it a curved pattern (both in plan and section)
- added an art studio and moved the double height studio up one floor
- extended the fourth and fifth floor further to add more floor space to the library and cafeteria. The space at the end of the library, however, has a low head clearance so it would most likely be reading nooks.
-The cafeteria has an exterior balcony overlooking Sixth Ave








1 comment:

  1. The plans are really taking shape. I am really glad to see the atrium stretching up to the top floor. It is equally encouraging to see that you are playing with the shape of the atrium and your spaces in general. With your investigations of falling sheets of paper, you have set up a whimsical and playful construct within which to design. Your language is now reflecting that construct and it is really enjoyable to watch it all come together. Really, in general there is little to nitpick in these plans...I could find something if pushed, however.

    ReplyDelete